Monday, November 06, 2006






Ok, here is one of my favorite mini books. I love this book because I used Tapa on the cover and for the die cut embellishments. What's tapa you ask?? It's a bark they use in Samoa to make rugs. My sister in law, Vao (I love Vao), is from Samoa and they used these mats at their wedding. So it means a lot to me that they gave me some. They totally laughed at me when they showed it to me because I screamed with delight. I had been trying to come up with a project to teach with natural elements and the designs already on the tapa totally went with the Basic Grey Hang 10 paper I wanted to use. I taught this book a couple of months ago, it was a great technique class. I showed how to make a shaker box, use alcohol inks on glass slides and 4 different techniques for using masks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home