Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Patient Update


He SURVIVED!!! Gabe is doing great, now. He had his surgery Friday Morning @ 8am, which meant we had to be in Phoenix at 7am, brutial! i am not a morning person, I soooooo wish I was. The Dr. didn't do the pins which means his cast is huge! Seriously, that things weighs a ton and Gabe is acting like it weighs 2 tons. He was being totally dramatic Friday and Saturday. His hand got really really swollen, which of course hurt, which of course meant more sudden loud moans and whins. Yesterday was the first day he went all day without his sling. He still isn't walking normal, apparently a large cast makes Gabe walk like the hunchback of Notre Dame. he really is fine, the worst part is he can't get a good nights sleep, so his TIRED. He keeps hitting himself during the night with the cast, lol. He's a wiggly sleeper. This picture is of him Friday night. On the way home from the surgery he kept crying, he was really hurting. My mom called to see if he was ok and I asked if she could bring him a movie to watch (my mom has more movies than Blockbuster) she said she had just bought 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' and Gabe could be the first to watch it. When I told him he stopped crying for a few minutes and actually smiled. So I got a quick pic of him in the 3D glasses, so cute.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad to see him doing better! Now how long does he get to have that HUGE cast on?

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Gabe!

I saw him trekking the halls of Brinton and he looked so lopsided with that heavy cast! I'm glad to hear he didn't need surgery, but sorry to see he'll be out of dodge ball games (and football-yikes!) for awhile.

Cindy

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home